Submitting a script for consideration – Mainstage
Here are the guidelines for the Mainstage Productions (currently in summer and fall). Please make sure you have read the general guidelines.
- The play must normally be a full-length play. However, If your play is too short to be produced on its own, we may combine it with another short play to make a full show.
- Plays must be submitted between January 1 & October 31 to be considered for the next year’s season. Plays arriving outside those dates will be rejected.
- Our mainstage production is in a small black-box theater where major set changes are impractical. The play must therefore have a single set or be producible with minimal staging or by lighting, with a maximum cast of 8.
- Musicals: We do not specialize in musicals but are willing to receive submissions that meet these additional guidelines for musicals.
N.B. To assist our process please make sure your script complies with the following:
- To ensure anonymity in the review process, you script must NOT include your name or anything that would identify you
- There should be a separate cast page that includes the characters’ names (and other information)
- The pages should be numbered
EMAIL using this link with your script(s), include your address, email, phone number and title of your play in the body of the email.
Beginning in 2023, if your script is selected to be one of First Run Theatre’s Main Stage productions, you will need to agree to and sign the linked document: Playwright Production Agreement.